Thursday 26 March 2020

Circulation Cross with Draft Massing Elements

I have used the provided indicative floor areas to guide me in making my massing elements to the circulation cross. I've colour coded each component of the school to help me distinguish the required spaces bar the lecture theatre which I am having trouble deciding on a suitable location for.
View from across Anzac Parade
Aerial View


Colour coding and floor spaces
I've decided to keep most elements of the school compact and in the above ground structure to prevent destroying the existing views of UNSW from the ground and leaving the open areas near the roundhouse open as I thought it would be too invasive to cover up the open space. It will also provide students of the new architecture school with great vistas from within and keep them from walking too far between each space.

Related areas such as the workshop/studio spaces and research space for academic staff/offices for academic staff have been grouped to ease traffic within the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment