Tuesday 3 March 2020

"Entangled" Stairs

Below is the set of stairs I decided to model in Sketchup for  my client in experiment one. It is based on the word"entangled",

Original section sketches of stairs
The idea came to me when I came to think about what else I could entangle in a set of stairs. Rather than just incorporating a decoration into the baluster I decided to double up the entanglement as the baluster as well as the supports for the stairs. To do this, the "wires" connecting the stairs to the roof are "entangled within each other creating a wall to either side creating the balustrade.

Sketchup photo 1
Sketchup photo 2


Sketchup photo 3
Skecthup photo 4
Sketchup photo 5
Below are the rest of the stair designs created during the week 2 Studio.



1 comment:

  1. Please note that this missed the submission cutoff of Sunday 01.03.20

    ReplyDelete